Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Denver Vacation

Last week Marc had conferences for work in Denver, so the whole family decided to tag along. It was a pretty crazy trip. Kinlee caught a cold and was really congested on the way there. We were about 2 hours into the the trip when she said, "I don't feel very good," and then she barfed all over herself and the dvd player she was holding. Gross. We pulled over and got her changed and cleaned up as best we could with baby wipes. Then we spent the next 9 hours with that nasty smell. But, it get even better. The next day we got up and got ready for the zoo, hoping to get there before it got to hot. After 10 minutes searching for a parking spot we finally pulled in, and yep you guessed it, barf again. Arggrruff. (I think all of the snot running down her throat was gagging her..yuck) This time we didn't have any clothes for her to change into. We decided to find somewhere nearby to get her clothes rather than drive all the way back to the hotel. After driving around for a while we finally found a Family Dollar (which actually has pretty cute clothes). We decided to get a bite to eat at the Pizza Hut next door, which is when we found out we were pretty much in the Denver ghetto. We are pretty sure there was a drug deal happening at the bus stop across the street. Scary!! Anyways we finally made it to the zoo and ended up having a really good time. The rest of the trip was barf free. We did a little shopping; I finally found some shoes to fit Dal's chubby little feet. On Friday we went to this huge water park called Water World. It was so much fun. The kids had a ball! Here are some pics of the zoo.

Kinlee loved the Elephants, but hated thier smell.

They had the neatest aquarium. It had tons of fish and turtles. There was even one tank that had Aligators.

So cute!! I love how Dal puts his arm around Marc's shoulder.


This is how big a Polar Bear is! Yikes!!

7 comments:

Amber said...

poor kinlee! I hate when my kids throw up it's so sad cuz their so innocent. I'm glad the rest was fun! I laughed when you talked about the drug deal going on at the bus stop....lol! I guess I could just hear your voice telling the story:)

Bree said...

Oh man, that's too bad about the barfing...but glad she's better! If that's the outfit you got from Family Dollar, it really is CUTE! And the pic of Marc & Dallin is SO adorable!!

Amber said...

Cute blog! love the new look:)

Nicole Stucki said...

I love the new blog look. Where did you find it at? Got to love those trips with sick kids. They make for good memories:)! I'm glad you got to go with Marc. It is always so much fun to tag along. Have a happy 4th of July and we all need to do something again.

Ryan and Jessica said...

With all the troubles I'm glad you ended up having good time. Besides Kinlees incident did the kids do good on the ride? Hope Kinlee had a good birthday. We will need to get together since we missed you last time.

The McClellan Family said...

Oh ya gotta love barfing kids! The joys of motherhood! That zoo looks awesome.

{ Lana Cox } said...

Aaaw, your kids are so cute! Your blog is super cute!