This was my first time on a an airplane. Can you believe it? Crazy huh? It did give me a little motion sickness, but I really enjoyed it. Hopefully this will one flight of many.
The highlight of the trip for me had to be the Phantom of the Opera. We went to the show at the beautiful Venetian Hotel. It was amazing!! I think my jaw was dropped the whole time. I couldn't believe all the props and special effects they had, not to mention the orchestra and all the amazing actors. It was fabulous!!
This is one of those pictures where you lean back and hope you point the camera at your faces. There are some pretty interesting characters in Vegas. It was hard to find someone we could trust to take our pictures and not worry they would run off with our camera. So I took this picture of us together in front of the MGM Grand. Cheese!
This is Marc in front of the fountains at the Bellagio. It is so beautiful. They choreograph the water to music. It was really fun to watch.
We stayed at the Excalibur Hotel and Casino. It was pretty nice. Marc was excited because they upgraded our room to include a big flat screen TV. I thought Kinlee would like the pictures because it looked like we stayed in a castle.
This is a picture of the strip at night. This was at like 11:30 at night, and it was still as busy as ever. It is crazy. My body shuts down at 11:00
We took this picture at a Mexican restaurant called Diego. It was in the MGM Grand. It was the best Mexican food ever. We stuffed ourselves.....again. (the food in Vegas is amazing)All in all it was such a fun trip, but we are so glad to be home. (Even though we came home to sick kids. They are both running fevers, puke, and Kinlee has an ear infection. Welcome back to reality huh?) I think Marc was most excited to have a nice FREE glass of water. We were so sick of paying for water, it was like two dollars a bottle or more, and Vegas tap water is so gross!!



15 comments:
That looked like a lot of fun. I love going to Vegas. There is so much to do. It must have been nice to have a little weekend get away with just the hubby.
Taunia, hey! I just found your blog. You have such a cute family!! I'm jealous of your Las Vegas trip! :) Warm sounds good!! I'm adding you to my blog.
p.s. This is Sarah(Dinsdale)Merrill
Hey Taunia, it's Traci Tanner...now Purser :) wow, I can't beleive you had never been on a plane before...what an adventure :) And wow, 2 kids!! It looks like everyone has me beat in the kid department these days :) I hope we can keep in touch!
Taunia,
Hey I found your blog from Jessica too! It's so fun to see what everyone is up to! Las Vegas looks like so much fun! I would just love to get away to Salt Lake even! Your fam is way cute. I'll keep in touch!
Vegas baby! Woo hoo! Looks like you had tons of fun! I haven't been there forever but I love it! So much to do and see! I'm jealous you went to Phantom! Oh, I bet it was so amazing!! And I'm jealous you got away from the kids! I could use a break, and I only have ONE!! haha! Hope we can get together for lunch or a playdate soon! Especially with this nicer weather...if it lasts! :)
I'm so jealous!!! I want a trip with Broc so bad! Hopefully when I'm done devoting my life to Paul Mitchell we can go. I've never been to Vegas, so I'm glad you had fun. I've always wanted to go to the Phantom of the Operah! yeah for you!
Hey Taun, That looks like so much fun! Hope your kids are feeling better! Talk to you soon!
Wow looks like you guys had tons of fun!! I am so jealous! A weekended in Vegas with out any kids and of course with Reuben, it would be heaven, but some how life is just getting busier and a vacation is far from any plans for awhile.
Hey!
Fun fun! Sorry you have sick kids...believe me Addy's been sick for a month now!! Come over and swim this weekend if the kids are better.
Love ya!
I'm jealous...phantom! I'd have to get Dutch REALLY drunk to take me there! My brother is awesome huh? :)
Oh how I love Vegas. I just love the warm weather and it is away from home. I too am jealous of the good time you had. I don't think I will be getting Jeremy to go the phantom. Oh well. Hope your kids get feeling better!
Taunia! I found you!! I ran across your blog and I was so excited! How are you guys? I need a full update on your life! I got married this past fall and we live in Provo now. Anyway, I'm excited to get updated!!
Kelli (Mitchell) Manwaring
What a great trip. I took Aaron to phantom in NYC and it was amazing.
I've seen it twice and love the music. I am sorry that you came home to sick kids.
How fun for you guys to gey away for a little. The first time we left Mace to go to Vegas I bawled half the way there. Not now I could leave them in a flash for a LITTLE get away. j/k I still miss them but it is nice once in a while. Leave me your e-mail and I can get you the flor tortilla recipe. Not sure you want it on your comments. Give me a call when your kids get better we can go out for Lori's b-day that's just an excuse.
What a fun getaway! I think you did more in Vegas in one weekend than we've done in the 2 years we've lived here. Don't you just LOVE the Bellagio? And Phantom- isn't it AMAZING? Glad you guys had a fun time, and way to go with the quality time. :-)
And its true- the water is nasty.
Taunia, I hope you remember who this is. I was blog hopping and found your blog. Your family is beautiful! I am super jealous you went to Phantom!!! We just got back from there to and I can never get my husband to go. Someday! I am going to add you to my blog. Hope that's okay!
Post a Comment