Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Workout music

We got an eliptical a few months ago, and I have been working hard trying to get ready for summer. I love to listen to music when I exercise, it helps me get pumped. I compiled a list of workout songs that I have been listening to. One of my favorites (you basketball friends will appreciate this song) is "Another one bites the dust" by Queen. I substitute pound for one. You know "Another POUND bites the dust." Anyway I am getting sick of all my songs. I need a few new songs to help me stay motivated. Any ideas?

4 comments:

jamie t. said...

I made a workout playlist on playlist.com. Its not normally music I would listen to but the beats are really good. I emailed it to you. Let me know if you don't get it. I would love a list of what you have to add to my list.

Missy said...

Oh ya know me and how much I work out!! LOL! I can give you a few ideas tho'.

The Clements Family said...

Did you know there is a CD out called Skinny Songs? It is full of upbeat music that will make you want to exercise and move. I have only heard one, but I think the lady has a website where you can hear the music. Maybe you could listen to some Van Halen. I used to make trampoline routines to "Jump," and it is pretty catchy. Too much information, but it is pretty exercisey music. (Is that a word?)

Bree said...

Ok, sorry it's taken me forever to get back about these...hopefully I have some fun music to help with your workouts. I am a little ashamed to admit it but I love working out to Britney Spears. Of course none of her newer skanky stuff, but from her first few cd's. Also Avril is pretty good to keep pumped up to and you CANNOT go wrong with Eye of the Tiger!!!! Gwen Stefani, Sweet Escape is nice & peppy. This girl whose blog I ran into sometimes features workout mixes on her "Tunesday" blog posts: chandaslaughingplace.blogspot.com. Maybe you'll like some of her song ideas. So there's my two cents. Haha. Way to go on working out...I can't even GET motivated to do it....but I need to! Good Luck!